Once again we are celebrating the inclusion of Gordon Dadds in The Legal 500, the guide to law firms in the UK.
The Legal 500 UK 2017 includes personal recommendations for 34 of our lawyers, with family lawyer Wendy Hopkins recommended as a leading individual stating she ‘has seen it all when it comes to dealing with difficult family matter’ with a ‘formidable reputation’.
As a firm, Gordon Dadds has been recommended in 15 practice areas including our core practice areas of corporate, dispute resolution, real estate and private client.
Our commercial litigation lawyers are described as ‘able, proactive and have broad experience’, as are our ‘ambitious’ property litigation team who are ‘clearly going places’ and our London family team is described as having ‘a long history of offering top-quality advice. Its greatest strength is obtaining good outcomes in a dignified and efficient way’.
Highlights of the client feedback given in relation to our individual lawyers included:
Dispute resolution partner, Adrian Bingham, ‘handles the biggest property litigation with calmness and aplomb’
Dispute resolution partner, Adrian Griffiths, ‘genuinely brilliant’
Director of betting & gaming, Andrew Cotton, ‘extraordinarily knowledgeable’
Regulatory solutions partner, Alex Ktorides, ‘handles cases diligently and imaginatively’
Private client partner, Anna Coakes, ‘sensible and straightforward’
Family partner, David Ruck, ‘calm, extraordinarily reassuring and extremely experienced at resolving the most difficult disputes’
Dispute resolution partner, Dean Nicholls, ‘an excellent lawyer’
Dispute resolution partner, Gareth Jones, ‘thoughtful and knowledgeable’
Cardiff family associate, Hannah Magee, ‘Knowledgeable and empathetic’, ‘fights hard for her clients’ and is recognised as one of the ‘leading young matrimonial lawyers in the field’.
Head of family & private client, John Burrell, ‘exceptionally calm. He can make the most excitable client calm and upbeat and is hugely, hugely experienced’
Head of dispute resolution, Nick Goldstone, ‘fights for his clients’
Dispute resolution partner, Nicholas Yapp, ‘can handle difficult cases and clients’
Dispute resolution partner, Philip Cohen, ‘goes the extra mile’
Head of regulatory solutions, Philip Somarakis, ‘always willing to go the extra mile’
IP, media & tech partner, Robin Shaw, ‘highly rated by peers and clients alike for his in-depth knowledge and substantial expertise’
Cardiff family solicitor, Sharon Priday, ‘excellent’
Please see the overview below for the full list of 15 practice areas and 34 lawyers recognised:
- M&A: Smaller deals, up to £50m: Alon Domb, Jan Hoppe, Rebecca Ferguson, Stephen Fuller
- Gaming & Betting: Andrew Cotton, Alex Ktorides
- Licensing: Philip Somarakis
- Commercial Litigation: Nick Goldstone, Nicholas Yapp, Gareth Jones, Philip Cohen, Dean Nicholls
- Employment: Employers: Laura Livingstone, Martin Pratt, Rebecca Lynch, Marie van der Zyl
- Employment: Senior Executives: Laura Livingstone, Martin Pratt, Rebecca Lynch, Marie van der Zyl
- Insurance and Reinsurance Litigation: Adrian Bingham
- Family: John Burrell, David Ruck, Yael Selig
- Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate: John Burrell, Anna Coakes
- Commercial Property: Justin Neal, Jeremy Davy, Marilyn Elstow, Kiran Yadav
- Property Litigation: Janet Ayres, Adrian Griffiths, Ian Chappell, Adrian Bingham
- Reputation Management: Robin Shaw, Nick Goldstone
- TMT (Technology, Media and Telecoms): Brand Management: Matthew Hiscox
- Aviation: Richard Elliott
- Wales: Family: Wendy Hopkins, Hannah Magee, Sharon Priday