Once again we are celebrating the inclusion of Gordon Dadds in The Legal 500, the guide to law firms in the UK.
The Legal 500 UK 2018 includes recommendations for 34 of our lawyers with 20 lawyers ranked in their respective practice areas.
As a firm, Gordon Dadds has been recommended in 13 practice areas including our core practice areas of dispute resolution; corporate; real estate; family and private client; employment and immigration; and regulatory solutions.
The private client team was described as a “very client-focused team that works exceptionally hard to get results” whilst the property litigation team were highly regarded for being “strong on commercial aspects”.
Highlights of the client feedback given in relation to our individual lawyers included:
Employment and immigration partner, Marie van der Zyl, “an excellent lawyer with encyclopaedic knowledge of employment law who is highly gifted both in strategy and tactics with a patient, honest and challenging approach”
Family partner, David Ruck, “highly effective, calm and extraordinarily reassuring”
Family lawyer, Yael Selig, “commercial and charismatic”
Family associate, Emma Morris, “extremely experienced and an exemplary tactician”
Family partner, Anna Coakes, “highly recommended”, “superb all-round legal adviser providing an excellent service to clients”
Family associate, Amelia Beringer, “terrific”
Real estate partner, Adrian Bingham, “careful and measured”
Real estate partner, Ian Chappell, “willingness for aggressive case management”
Dispute resolution partner, Robin Shaw, “intellectually brilliant and ruthlessly effective”
Director of trade marks, Matthew Hiscox, “extremely experienced in all trademark matters”
Family lawyer, Wendy Hopkins, “hugely experienced”, “a very effective litigator whose reputation goes before her”
Please see the overview below for the full list of 13 practice areas and 34 lawyers recognised:
- M&A: Smaller deals, up to £50m: ranked – Alon Domb, Rebecca Ferguson, Richard Elliott, Stephen Fuller; recommended –Paul Toolan
- Gaming & Betting: ranked – Andrew Cotton, Alex Ktorides; recommended – Andrew Tait
- Licensing: ranked – Philip Somarakis, Andrew Cotton
- Commercial Litigation: ranked – Nick Goldstone; recommended – Nicholas Yapp, Gareth Jones, Philip Cohen, Dean Nicholls
- Employment: Employers and Senior Executives: ranked – Marie van der Zyl, Laura Livingstone, Martin Pratt, Rebecca Lynch
- Insurance and Reinsurance Litigation: ranked – Adrian Bingham; recommended – Max Robinson
- Family: ranked – David Ruck, Yael Selig; recommended – John Burrell, Emma Morris
- Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate: ranked – Anna Coakes; recommended – Amelia Beringer
- Property Litigation: ranked – Adrian Bingham, Ian Chappell, Janet Ayres, Justin Neal
- Reputation Management: ranked – Nick Goldstone, Robin Shaw
- TMT (Technology, Media and Telecoms): Brand Management: recommended – Matthew Hiscox, David Gore
- Aviation: ranked – Richard Elliott
- Wales: Family: recommended – Wendy Hopkins, Hannah Magee, Sharon Priday